Patrons of CAT Theatre are given the opportunity to choose their favorite actors, designers and shows during each season. Winners are awarded a “TABBY.”
- Best Actress: Tara Callahan Carroll – Don’t Cry For Me Margaret Mitchell
- Best Actor: Fred Iacova – Unexpected Tenderness
- Supporting Actress: Molly Sweeney Ort – Moon Over Buffalo
- Supporting Actor: Aza Raine – Moon Over Buffalo
- Best Director: Amy Berlin – Don’t Cry For Me Margaret Mitchell
- Sound Design: Buddy Bishop – Don’t Cry For Me Margaret Mitchell
- Light Design: Alan Armstrong – Don’t Cry For Me Margaret Mitchell
- Set Design: Eric Kinder - Unexpected Tenderness
- Costume Design: Sheila Russ – Unexpected Tenderness
- Best Show: Unexpected Tenderness
Bifocals at CAT is an outreach program into senior communities in the greater Richmond area. Bifocals casts senior actors in plays that tour senior centers, taking theatre to patrons who might not otherwise be able to participate and enjoy.
Bifocals at CAT awarded the first INDY (I'm Not Dead Yet) to Susan Gerber. The INDY is awarded to a Bifocals member to recognize outstanding dedication both on and off the stage.
The Lifetime Achievement Award was awarded to Lynn Smith, president of the CAT Theatre Board of Directors, in recognition of more than 25 years of commitment to the ongoing success of CAT.
The Gary Wade Award is presented to a volunteer in recognition of exceptional service to CAT Theatre as a volunteer during the 2015-2016 season. The Award was given to Mike Bove.
The Top Cat Award was presented to Kelly St. Clair in recognition for her work in multiple roles – Board Member, Producer, Director of Development – at CAT Theatre.